- In 1992 I read a report in a journal about an auction at Sotheby's London of an old "Steiff" teddy bear named "Happy" wich made a profit of about € 70.000.
- This was unbelievable! At this time i could not comprehend what makes people spend such high amounts of money for simply purchasing a teddybear.
- Once again my ambition has been arroused and meanwhile being improved at sewing, I pictured it to be very simple to create a stuffed toy following a given template.
- My first bear emerged. Sewed out of synthetic fur, missing recognizable face structures, but beloved at first sight. I even liked my second bear more, which was more similar to a dog.
- From this moment on I was head over heels in love with and not stoppable anymore on my creative urge. I tried a wide range of patterns for teddybears, which I found in journals or books. In
order to differ from the artist's original pattern, I used different colours and states of furs and I was surprised how different in appearance the finished teddybears turned out.
- I started creating drafts in which I implemented my imagination of the perfect teddybear. In doing so, the experiences I gained so far with strange cuts turned out to be invaluable. I had
learned a lot from others in terms of proportions, cuts and choices of furs and so I was able to convert that knowledge and use it on my own cuts.
- Meanwhile my teddy bear collection has increased to over 60 samples and although enquires kept on coming, if those bears were available for purchase, I was not quite able to part with them
yet. The only exception were some special people which I gave bears as a present.
- In 1997 I received an inquiry, if I was interested in giving lessons on making teddybears and this challenge was perfectly on time. Hence I gave lessons for the following four years at the
"VHS" in Cadolzburg. The Feedback on that was consistently positive and therefore I felt encouraged in my intention to become an independent bear-artist.
- I decided to offer teddy bears for purchase in a small limitation and therefore I chose small events, fairs and exhibitions in terms of crafts.
- Between 2004 until 2007 I represented myself at the christmas market in Fürth with my first own stall.
- From 2008 I was offerd the opportunity to have an own stall at the famous christmas market in Nürnberg, the "Nürnberger Christkindlesmarkt". From this time on I have the opportunity to
present my products to visitors from all over the world.